- 12 oz Macaroni
- 1 oz Butter/Margarine
- 1 oz Flour
- 1/2 pt Milk
- 2 oz Grated Cheddar Cheese
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Bread Crumbs
Method of Preparation:
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water until soft, then strain. Note – If using long macaroni, break into small pieces before cooking.
- Now make Sauce: Melt butter in heated pot, add flour, and whisk until smooth, then add milk and whisk again on medium heat until sauce thickens. After achieving the right texture, turn off heat to avoid sauce getting too thick.
- Add the macaroni and two-thirds of the cheese, salt, white pepper or black pepper to taste, and mustard to the sauce.
- Mix well and pour into a greased dish of your choice.
- Now sprinkle over the bread crumbs and the remainder of the cheese.
- Lastly, place into a moderately hot oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit and leave to brown for about 5 to 10 minutes.
This easy Macaroni and Cheese recipe serves about 4 to 5 depending on serving size.
Enjoyed this recipe? Please LIKE and SHARE!