Rice Medley is an easy recipe to prepare and is also one of Guyana’s traditional meals. This meal is prepared with a mixture of green sweet peppers, ripe tomatoes, celery, sausages, eggs and bacon.
- 4 pt Cooked Rice
- 6 oz Margarine
- 8 tbsp Chopped Celery
- 8 oz Sausages (Cut into pieces)
- 6 Eggs
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 8 oz Grated Cheese
- 8 oz Streaky Bacon (Grilled and Crumbled)
- 2 Green Sweet Peppers
- 2 to 3 Firm Ripe Tomatoes
- Melt the margarine in a large frying pan or skillet and saute celery until tender but not brown.
- Add rice, sausages, eggs, salt and black pepper to taste. Heat thoroughly and stir constantly.
- Pour into a buttered casserole then top with cheese and bacon, after that, brown lightly under the grill for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced green sweet peppers and tomato wedges.
This recipe serves 20 to 25