- 2 to 3 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 lbs Sugar
- 1 oz Margarine
- 1 tin Condensed milk diluted with the same amount of water
- 1 tsp Vanilla essense
Method for preparing:
- First sift the cocoa powder and it to the sugar.
- Melt the margarine in a non-enamel pot.
- Now add the sugar and cocoa mixture, and milk in the pot.
- Place on moderate heat.
- Then constantly stir until sugar is melted. Important! Do not allow the mixture to boil before the sugar melts.
- Allow to boil for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Test the mixture by dropping a little into cold water, at this stage it should form a soft ball.
- Now add essence, and remove from heat and beat well until the mixture thickens and begins to leave the side of the pan.
- Pour into a greased Swiss roll tin.
- Lastly, when cool, but not hard, cut into squares.
This easy chocolate fudge recipe serves about 15.
Enjoyed this recipe? Please LIKE and SHARE!